Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Call of the Highest Self

What is that force, that contradiction? Why do I feel split on simple decisions, like I don't know which voice is My Teacher? I know His Voice and heed His call but there is a contradiction, another voice that beckons toward distraction. If I am to cross the dark night, the sea of samsara, then I must heed the voice of My Teacher who calls from beyond. This is the only way. This is the miracle of the Guru, the dispeller of darkness, the Light with a human face that calls and says "come." Ceaselessly the voice calls me, "come," and though I am steadfast I do waver and slip into confusion. I choose confusion (see?) because the voice never stops calling, "come," but oh Master! on the way out I just like to stall a little, lollygag a little, smell the roses...but yes Lord I must come and though the acceleration frightens me I must put these childish games away and pursue your Truth and Righteousness alone. 

forever blessed mahaguru.

3 comments:

  1. What is this from? Or is it original?

    I'm currently reading "Autobiography of a Yogi," by by Paramhansa Yogananda. So far, so good. Long live Eastern Philosophy!!!!

    Mase

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. I just picked up a copy of Autobiography and was reading through it. I read about 250 pages earlier in the year, I am looking forward to finishing it. It really taught me the nature of the Guru-Disciple relationship. This is original.
    e

    ReplyDelete